CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR LONG TERM EVS IN CROATIA!
EVS project „A.C.T.I.O.N! Acquisition of Competences to Improve Opportunities Now!“
Project Duration: 11 months – 1st September 2016 (Arrival day) – 31st July 2017 (Departure day)
Location: Brtonigla – Istria Region, Croatia
Working Language: English, Croatian and Italian
Deadline: 25th June 2016
Local Democracy Agency is looking for 4 volunteers (2 male & 2 female) from Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Germany and Macedonia, that will take part in the EVS project „A.C.T.I.O.N! Acquisition of Competences to Improve Opportunities Now!“. Each partner country should send 1 volunteer aged between 18 and 30. We are looking for MOTIVATED, CREATIVE OPEN MINDED and INDEPENDENT youngsters. Your skills will further develop while working together with us. We require the volunteer to have at least basic skills in English and ready to learn Croatian and Italian language in order to communicate with the local community.
TASKS OF THE VOLUNTEERS:
- To assist in project writing and preparation of project activities;
- To help with translations;
- To participate in the organization of activities (Info days) and promotion of the Erasmus + programs and EVS in high schools and local communities;
- To assist in the organisation of local events/manifestation aimed at the promotion of local territory (seminars, workshops, fairs, etc.);
- To participate in volunteering actions;
- To update social media accounts and LDA website;
- To editing articles, videos and photos about the EVS experience;
- To organise intercultural events for locals such as intercultural nights, tandems, work-shops and free language courses; etc.
- To assist in the administrative tasks related to the above topics;
- To participate in different educational events such as seminars, workshops, mobility’s, etc., in order to develop personal and professional skills, etc.
ABOUT THE HOSTING ORGANISATION:
LDA of Brtonigla–Verteneglio is a non-profit organization founded in 1996 with the support of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Eu-rope and partners from Italy, Switzerland, France, Municipality of Brtonigla and the Region of Istria in order to support the development of local democratic processes, promotion of human rights and active citizenship in Istria County. Since 2009, LDA acts as association and promotes democratic, social, cultural and economic development based on the principles of tolerance, dialogue, respect of human rights, cultural cooperation and freedom of expression. Its work is based on reciprocity, involvement and participation of civil society, as well as the exchange of experiences between the partners involved. In recent years, after Croatian accession to the European Union, ALD is focusing its work on the promotion of European values, informing citizens about the European integration process and the advantages of EU membership, as well as part of its work is directed at young people working on improving and encouraging social inclusion, respect for cultural diversity and active citizenship among young people from Istria.
The selections of the volunteers will be made together with the sending organisations. Please send us your Send CV in Europass format and motivation letter at email@example.com or contact directly the SO’s until 25th June 2016.